Friday, April 3, 2009
First Blog Post
This being my first blog post, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Elliott, and I'm a college student at Tufts University in Boston, MA. I'm actually from Los Angeles, CA, but I decided to go back east for college just to see what it would be like. I have a radio show on Tufts University's radio station WMFO Medford, but being a freshman they stuck me with one of the worst possible time slots, Wednesday morning from 3am to 5am. Despite this time slot though, I very much enjoy having a live show on the air, and have received a warm reception for my music selection from a number of different people from all across the country. Our website is www.wmfo.org if you want to check it out, and my show is called "Lights and Music." Because of the positive responses to my music, I was inspired to create a blog showcasing much of the music I play on the air, and introducing people to music they would normally not come across. I plan on showcasing a new album with every blog entry, at least once a day during the week. Hopefully my blog will introduce you to music that is lesser known, but still amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have a very fluid, easy to follow, and yet at the same time quite informative way of writing music reviews. Quite a talent, actually, if I may say so. Both Animal Collective and Bon Iver were fascinating discoveries for me, on your program and on this blog as well. Keep writing! It really helps in getting to know new music.
ReplyDelete